Friday, August 22, 2008

Lots of stuff hanging over my head

Well first with the good stuff on my mind.

I became a Mod at LinuxTracker.org. This makes me feel that at least some people appreciate my intelligence.

Second, I'm working on a job adjustment program. The person working with me actually likes my ideas and the way I present them in a moderate and rational manner. I'm slowly reconsidering several careers that involve public speaking, and/or journalism. There are an aweful lot out there that an independent thinker, especially considering all of my unique personal life experience to draw from.

As of the negatives:
First the stress of the election is driving me and my wife crazy.

Me and my wife like Obama, and several of the third party candidates, but are mostly backing Obama, simply because it's rare to see even a decent, let alone good primary candiate even if he pales in comparison to the excellence of one or two of the third party candidates. It's also rare to see someone with both good morals and judgement of Carter, and the ability to be a good leader and surround himself with other good leaders of Clinton.

It doesn't help that several people in my wife's family are big McCain backers, despite the fact that the guy's a complete ignoramus who doesn't understand what the average person is going through, or anything much about the information age, for that matter. (The fact that eBay was the best example of a successful Internet company he could come up with says something, and the fact that he didn't even know the name it was founded under says more.)

Second, My wife's great grandmother had to go to the hospital earlier and despite being released is still not too well. My wife and I need to head down to the nursing home to check on her.

Third it's been so hot out, I can't do anything outside. Fortunately the grass slowed it's growth to a crawl, so i don't have to worry much about cutting it, but it's still boring being around the house, my legs feel idle, and I'm loosing my endurance.

Finally I have a bad migrain, I guess there's not much to say about that one, except that it sucks.

Well I guess that's all for today, a lot of bad stuff, some good stuff, all of it stressful, but I guess I can make the best of it, and gain something from all of it.

No comments: